Saturday, May 7, 2011

First Hershey Gardens trip of the season

I am lucky enough to live about ten minutes away from the Hershey Gardens, something I plan on taking full advantage of this summer. I was trying to convince myself this morning to go to the gym, but I just wasn't feeling it today. So instead I decided to go walk around the Gardens and take some pictures. It ends up being a pretty good workout because you are constantly getting up and down from the ground to get the best angles on a flower.

I was very happy with my results today. My photos are getting better and better straight out of my camera, before any editing. So I thought it would be fun if today I posted my favorite SOOC (straight out of camera) photos, and tomorrow I will post a few that I have edited along with the originals just to show the difference a little editing can make.

Here are my favorites from today:

I was literally laying on the ground for this one. Unfortunately the grass was a little wet, but it was worth it.
I love tulips that look like the color is painted on with a brush.
IMG_7020

A flower after it has lost all its petals.
IMG_6938

I think this guy looks like Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors.
IMG_6890

IMG_6888

For this one I was standing on a boulder behind and above the tree
(not sure if I was allowed to be there or not).
IMG_6860

Bleeding Hearts, the flower of my people.
IMG_6839

A pansy from the side.
IMG_6783

No idea what this flower is,
but this was the 4th shot of the day and one of my favorites.
IMG_6779

No comments:

Post a Comment